She’s back! — This time Patti Solis Doyle to serve as Chief of Staff to Obama’s VP

June 16th, 2008 · 12 Comments

Former Clinton campaign manager, Patti Solis Doyle is back in the news. This time she will work for Senator Obama’s VP serving as the chief of staff. I think that it’s a little odd to hire Solis Doyle at this point without officially having the VP selected, but maybe the VP search is progressing at a faster pace behind the scenes.

I just hope that Solis Doyle has learned from her mistakes and is ready to work extra hard for the next 4 and a half months.

Tags: Barack Obama · Hillary Clinton · Patti Solis Doyle · Presidential Elections

• 1 Bearguez // Jun 16, 2008 at 3:09 pm

This doesn’t make sense…unless of course Obama’s considering King Hillary for the VP slot, and that’s a disaster in the making.

• 2 webmaster // Jun 16, 2008 at 5:04 pm

I don’t think that the VP will be Hillary. Think about it… Hillary fired Solis Doyle. There may be some bad blood between the two, and I don’t think that hiring someone that Hillary fired would endear her to Obama if she were on the ticket.

I do think that Solis Doyle is probably good at scheduling and directing the day to day logistics. She isn’t a strategist. Strategy will be left to Obama’s closest advisors… remember those folks in the Newsweek article, Axelrod, Plouffe, etc.

• 3 Michaelr // Jun 16, 2008 at 6:55 pm

a…chief of Staff…is a bigger job than scheduling and directing the day to day logistics, even if it’s for the Vice President nominee. It’s the guardian of the V.P. office. Obama is expecting this woman to do what Scooter Libby did for Dick Cheney? Usually the VP picks their own Chief of Staff. This doesn’t sound like something Obama would do. And why pick her?

• 4 Irma // Jun 17, 2008 at 4:16 pm

The selection of Solis-Doyle was just plain stupid.
    This is uniting the party? It is a clear signal
    that Obama wont pick Hilary. A good way
    to lose any Hilary votes that might be coming his way

• 5 webmaster // Jun 18, 2008 at 8:04 am

Irma,

I pretty much agree w/ your statement, for once. However, the last part about losing Hillary votes isn’t likely. Sadly, the average voter probably doesn’t know much about Solis Doyle. Think about it… most people in the United States probably can’t even tell you who the Secretary of State is, let alone a campaign staffer.

I will say this though… I was in regular communication with Hillary Clinton’s Hispanic Outreach person, and one of the first news items she sent me was an article about Solis Doyle. They really were promoting her initially.

Solis Doyle actually called HC to let her know that she was taking this job:

• 6 Irma // Jun 18, 2008 at 8:15 am

It is good thing that most Latinos dont know who
    Solis -Doyle is. She is no James Carville.

CNN seems to think the Solis-Doyle appointment will have some impact.

• 7 webmaster // Jun 18, 2008 at 9:39 am

James Carville is more of a strategist. Solis Doyle is a manager/chief of staff person.

James Carville isn’t necessarily the end all and be all of strategy. He actually reminds me of a junk yard dog in many respects. Did you know that Carville, along w/ Rahm Emmanuel, were pushing the anti-immigrant STRIVE Act? You can read about it here:

Just because CNN thinks that Solis Doyle’s appointment will have some impact doesn’t mean that it will. I hope you don’t believe everything you hear on CNN… that is just as bad as those sheep who believe everything on Fox News.

• 8 Irma // Jun 18, 2008 at 11:45 am

I am a big admirer of Carville as a political
    strategist. As for his personal politics, well we may not agree on all issues but we did on Hilary Clinton. I am not a goose stepping Democrat -
    I wont be voting for President this November.
    Neither candidate is a good choice in my view.

• 9 Bearguez // Jun 18, 2008 at 1:19 pm

Is any U.S. Presidential candidate a good choice? We haven’t seen a more diverse choice since Kennedy versus Nixon. Barack Obama hasn’t yet opened his mouth and inserted his foot. Which is very unusual for a Presidential candidate…however, this appointment of Patti Solis Doyle is mindboggling.

• 10 Irma // Jun 18, 2008 at 3:55 pm

I am speculating that the Solis -Doyle appointment is motivated by some really mean motivations.

Solis -Doyle is so dumb, she doesnt mind being used.

• 11 LaredoForums // Jun 22, 2008 at 2:14 pm

Thanks for representing Solis!!!!

• 12 Wendy Carrillo // Jun 25, 2008 at 9:28 pm

wow bob. solis doyle as chief of staff to vp? who the hell is the vp? why would obama hire the chief of staff to the vp????? before knowing who the vp is? unless he ALREADY knows! ahhh! suspense!