Looks like Sarah Palin wants what many of us already have — Brown Skin

September 16th, 2008 · 16 Comments

Actually, I caught this bit about Sarah Palin installing a tanning bed in the Alaska’s governor mansion yesterday, but it just illustrates the level of vanity and superficiality, which I recently addressed here with this woman. All of this is made more ironic when you consider that Senator McCain has been treated multiple times for melanoma. Personal tanning beds can cost as much as $35,000, which is not out of the ordinary for most folks from small town America, right?

Tags: John McCain · Sarah Palin

• 1 Michaelr // Sep 16, 2008 at 1:56 pm

More of your tax dollars at work…who’s to say the taxpayer hasn’t financed those tattoos on her derrière too?

• 2 HispanicPundit // Sep 16, 2008 at 2:04 pm

Oh please, Palin saves that every year by being the only candidate that doesn’t send her kids to $20k/year private schools – away from all the poor folks!

Palin is arguably, based on her income, background, and life experiences, IMHO, the closest candidate to “everyday people” since Abraham Lincoln.

• 3 Michaelr // Sep 16, 2008 at 2:21 pm

You must know very little about Abraham Lincoln. And your statement about everyday people is as vague as your comments about the so-called Free Market and the cost of labor affecting actual retail prices.

• 4 webmaster // Sep 16, 2008 at 2:56 pm

HP,

Abraham Lincoln thought that secession was illegal. It seems that Sarah Palin doesn’t have too much trouble with that issue considering her husband’s membership in the Alaskan secessionist movement or should we just forget about that?

Also, while Lincoln wasn’t formally schooled, he was an avid reader. Palin doesn’t even know what the Bush Doctrine is. Seems that she skips over the international affairs section of the newspaper.

Your Abe Lincoln analogy doesn’t fly.

And maybe the every day person is different in your neighborhood, but I don’t know anyone who has a tanning bed in his or her house.

• 5 HispanicPundit // Sep 16, 2008 at 3:01 pm

It seems like my point was missed, so let me try to make it clearer.

Palin is arguably, based on her income, background, and life experiences, IMHO, the closest candidate to “everyday people” than any of the other presidential candidates, be they McCain, Obama or Biden.

Regarding a tanning bed, again, “Palin saves that every year by being the only candidate that doesn’t send her kids to $20k/year private schools – away from all the poor folks!”

• 6 Michaelr // Sep 16, 2008 at 3:10 pm

Higher education doesn’t seem to be priority in the Palin household. They have God working for them. So there must be some higher purpose here since her daughter is having a child out of wedlock, and her oldest son indulged in pharmaceuticals so much they are sending him to Iraq. I guess that will teach him a lesson. So is this your description of everyday people?

• 7 theKaiser // Sep 16, 2008 at 3:12 pm

This is the guy who thinks Wal-Mart is the best thing Hispanics have going for them, right?

• 8 HispanicPundit // Sep 16, 2008 at 3:26 pm

Yes Michaelr, in short that is part of the reason why I wrote what I did.

In other words, contrary to what you see in the elite corners of liberalism, your typical American does believe in God, send their kids to public schools, does not attend an ivy league university, and serves in the military – like Palin’s son does, on the front lines, not as a lawyer far from combat, like Biden’s son.

Your characterization of her faith, her sons military service, and her overall education and family life is typical of the left – it reminded me of this, and is one of the many reasons why I consider myself a Republican.

• 9 theKaiser // Sep 16, 2008 at 5:14 pm

At this point you should put the lime with the coconut and mix it all up. Go to anncoulter.com and re-indoctrinate all that hate propaganda into your brainwaves, and convince yourself you are not what you are. It’s easy. That way you can rationalize all the death and misery that will occur in the next four years, and blame it all on God.

• 10 Michaelr // Sep 16, 2008 at 5:15 pm

And add fiscal responsibility to all that. That’s so Republican.

• 11 Bearguez // Sep 16, 2008 at 5:29 pm

I heard that Ann Coulter was supposed to be on that feed-the-hungry trip with Matt Damon, but she ditched the group in Port au Prince to look for a housecleaner, and someone to walk her dogs.

• 12 theKaiser // Sep 16, 2008 at 5:30 pm

That’s also so very Republican I might add.

• 13 Wendy // Sep 18, 2008 at 7:19 am

“Elite corners of liberalism,” right. As confirmed by Ivy League Elitists.

Now that you know that McCain’s staff and the Bush administration are full of ivy league elitists, and since you’re objective and rational, you’ll concede that liberals are no more elite than your preferred party, yes?

• 14 Wendy // Sep 18, 2008 at 7:20 am

aargh, I screwed up the html.

• 15 bettym // Sep 21, 2008 at 10:08 am

Ok — tell me, who has time to lay in a “tanning” bed? I had two kids, a demanding job, and a home to maintain…..I never had that much time!!! Who is she kidding?

• 16 Who To Vote For? My Analysis at Hispanic Pundit // Sep 26, 2008 at 12:55 am

[…] Palin: I really like McCain’s pick for VP. As I argued here, based on her income, background, and life experiences, IMHO, I believe Sarah Palin to be the […]