Obama takes a clear lead according to latest ABC News/WaPo Poll

September 23rd, 2008 · 7 Comments

I don’t pay attention to the polls on a daily basis because I’m a little skeptical of the polling methods and various samples. Also, when I randomly ask my Latino friends if they have ever received a call from Gallup, CNN, or the Washington Post, I find that none of us are ever polled.

According to the latest ABC News/Washington Post poll, Barack Obama is now leading John McCain 52-43. The economic crisis has worked to the Democrats’ advantage as many are coming to realize that John McCain has embraced the economic policies that have led us to where we currently are. Additionally, the appeal of Sarah Palin seems to be wearing off, especially as people learn about her policies. White women, who were thought to move from Hillary Clinton to support McCain-Palin, now express even support for both McCain and Obama. With less than 6 weeks before the election, things can still change, but this lead is a significant shift.

Tags: Barack Obama · Economics · Hillary Clinton · John McCain · Presidential Elections · Sarah Palin

• 1 jammer // Sep 24, 2008 at 2:41 pm

it is not surprising that the polls would began to favor Obama at this stage of the campaign. This is about the time that reality kicks in and people began to truthfully assess the state of their world. You are right that people equate McCain with the same old policies of the Bush administration which have got us into the mess we are in. Even Republicans, except for the most conservative ideologues, and neo-cons have accepted the fact that this administration and their ilk are the cause of our financial,political,and foriegn policy disasters. I will bet that when history records this administrations legacy it will over shadow the Hoover administration in it’s ineptness and distructive reign. McCain /Palin are rightfully seen as a continuation of those policies which are the cause of The United States of America’s problems. I am willing to cast my vote that Obama/Biden and the Democrats are better prepared to return America to the great promise it has always embodied.

• 2 EYES OF TEXAS // Sep 25, 2008 at 11:05 am

Really? Seems a stretch to say a junior Senator of three years who has never made an executive decision of any kind, has spent his entire tenure campaigning for office, has a record number of voting “present” in the Senate instead of actually making a decision to vote yes or no and will be a trainee in the Oval Office would have what is required to do anything for our country.

• 3 jammer // Sep 26, 2008 at 3:24 pm

just like saying I live in Alaska so I’m qualified to be vice president because I can see Russia from there. I live about 90 miles from the Mexican border, speak Spanish so I’m qualified to be vice president?? Not Hardly, but I have been to numerous countries have held a US passport for most of my lifetime, managed multi-million dollar budgets, certainly know more about world affairs then la senora PALIN. That still doesn’t make me qualified to be vice president. Going to Law School has given Obama a tool that Palin and Mclame don’t have and thats the ability to think critically and act decively. The latest interviews with Palin and Mclame sure have brought out those short comings in both of them. So ojo’s de tejas you seem to know alot about on the job training. What you don’t know is your current affairs. Obama voted present when he was in the Illinois legislature not in congress. Oh, I forgot, you weren’t tuned in to Oprah when she went over that part.

• 4 Michaelr // Sep 28, 2008 at 1:50 pm

Hey Jammer…the Eyes of Texas, only listens to Rush Limbaugh and the FOX News network. You can’t blame him for those opinions. He’s convinced the White Man has lost control of God fearing America and we’re about to culturally regress into a Third World mongrel nation. What Eyes of Texas doesn’t realize is that his W has already sold America to the Red Chinese to the tune of one trillion dollars. So what is worse?

And who’s to say you aren’t qualified to be John McCain’s Vice President? How do you look in a short skirt? Are you really bad with geography? And can you flirt real well with Charles Gibson and panic as well with Katie Couric?

• 5 EYES OF TEXAS // Sep 29, 2008 at 12:41 pm

If Obama had been a white conservative candidate with similar past associates that Obama has had in his life he would have been eliminated from the campaign within the first few months. Because of “white guilt” and having to be politically correct Obama has been given a free pass that has brought him to where he is today. The man is nothing more than a media created fraud that if given the opportunity will convert our nation into a socialist country. He can not be trusted and it’s not because he’s too black, it’s because he is too green. Inexperienced, unproven, too arrogant and too power hungry to be anywhere close to making Presidential decisions that affect us all.

• 6 Michaelr // Sep 29, 2008 at 4:43 pm

If Barack Obama was a white man, and by the way he is half white, the Republican Party would have joined together and jumped on Congressman D-Ohio Dennis Kucinich efforts to impeach Dick Cheney and George W Bush last year and would have found a way to put Barack Obama in office by default. The GOP would be calling him the reincarnation of Teddy Roosevelt and throwing roses at him. And he isn’t even a member of their party. That’s the difference pigmentation causes in this country.

• 7 theKaiser // Sep 29, 2008 at 8:29 pm

I think you’re right. I think you’re absolutely right. And that’s what scares WASPs. That the possibility exists that a man of color could actually be the catalyst to lead us away from all this moral, fiscal, and corruptive political decay that has been here since Ronald Reagan.