On Alaska’s dime, the Palin kids get to travel the country on official business!

October 21st, 2008 · 11 Comments

I just read this AP investigation about how Governor Palin has stuck it to the Alaskan people with her highfalutin traveling with her kids in tow. Looks like she’s been giving former California Speaker of the Assembly Fabian Nuñez a run for the money with the lavish travel expenses. While Nuñez dipped into his campaign kitty to pay for his travel expenses, Governor Palin passes the bill to her fellow Alaskans.

“The charges included costs for hotel and commercial flights for three daughters to join Palin to watch their father in a snowmobile race, and a trip to New York, where the governor attended a five-hour conference and stayed with 17-year-old Bristol for five days and four nights in a luxury hotel.

In all, Palin has charged the state $21,012 for her three daughters’ 64 one-way and 12 round-trip commercial flights since she took office in December 2006. In some other cases, she has charged the state for hotel rooms for the girls.

Alaska law does not specifically address expenses for a governor’s children. The law allows for payment of expenses for anyone conducting official state business.”

These travel records reveal the bigger question in my mind: Why weren’t these girls in school? Governor Palin is trying to amend official expense reports to suggest that the girls were on official state business. Who is she kidding?

Tags: Fabian Núñez · Presidential Elections · Sarah Palin

• 1 Michaelr // Oct 21, 2008 at 7:15 pm

Sarah Palin’s travel advisor must be Fabian Nunez. Or maybe this entitlement mentality that reeks throughout her public behavior is all related to her religious convictions. Then again, there’s always the chance she has no concept of money. Where it comes from, how it is earned, and its relationship to inflationary and market prices. Or maybe she’s so depressed Mervyns is going out of business, she’s charging the state of Alaska for everything. That sounds more in line regarding advice from Fabian Nunez.

• 2 EYES OF TEXAS // Oct 22, 2008 at 8:35 am

I would venture to guess that any travel expenses and lodging by Obamas kids and wife are picked up by U.S. tax payers. I would also point out that Obama has three time more secret service agent protecting him than McCain does and once again it is tax payers footing the extra expense. If you’re wearing blinders there is a good chance you will walk face first into a wall when you make that hard left. I’m sure Obamas family is pampered to on a much higher scale than Palins.

• 3 Michaelr // Oct 22, 2008 at 8:56 am

I am sure if that was the case, FOX News, Bill O’Reilly, and Rush Limbaugh would have been all over this a long time ago. This waste of public money has more of an elitist attitude than anything Obama has done. The fact that FOX News, Bill O’Reilly, and Rush Limbaugh have focused all their energies on telling listeners Obama is really a Muslim, has relations with terrorists, and is too skinny to be President tells you how concerned they all are with reporting anything truthful. But it seems that suits you just fine doesn’t it? Especially since your interests are not exactly colorblind.

• 4 webmaster // Oct 22, 2008 at 10:56 am

EYES OF TEXAS,

When Obama travels with his wife and kids, the expense is charged to his campaign, which is different from charging the tax payers of his state or even the fed govt (also remember that Obama has not taken public campaign financing). Futhermore, you don’t see the Obama children out on the road at all of these rallies and events continuously because their grandmother cares for them in Chicago when both parents are on the road. I would guess that Obama’s kids are at home more than they are on the campaign trail.

Stop trying to make excuses for Sarah “one of us” Palin. I doubt that you have traveled the country with your children and then billed your employer for the cost, or maybe you have?

• 5 EYES OF TEXAS // Oct 22, 2008 at 11:55 am

Oh, I get it now. Obamas family travels on part of the 63 million dollars contributed by every day U.S. citizens to his campaign. Now if you do the math there is no way that citizens could have possibly contributed that much money. So, I ask where did all that cash come from? You’re probibly wanting me to answer that, but you know as well as I do that a large portion of those contributions came from other countries trying to sway the outcome of this election. The endorsement by Colin Powell can now be added to the same list as the endorsement of Obama by Hamas and others from that part of the world. Why would they be wanting so badly to put Obama in the White House? Damn, I slipped up and told you where a lot of that money came from.

• 6 Michaelr // Oct 22, 2008 at 12:59 pm

Thank God, you won’t be advising or creating public policy for the next four years. We’ve had enough of Jim Crow and all its continuous reminders. Does it bother you so much, that a man of color will be representing your interests to the world? Do you feel that superior intellectually, physically and spiritually, that you can’t image a world without a WASP in charge. Well…all that segregation now and segregation forever is passé. It’ll be a new world come January 2009.

• 7 EYES OF TEXAS // Oct 22, 2008 at 2:40 pm

It will be a new world that you will no longer recognize as America and that is exactly what is about to happen IF Obama is elected. He is not too black to be President, he is too green. He’s a media created puppet being controlled by some very powerful people who have yet to be identified. Follow all the other sheeple that are so in awe of Obama and you will some day regret what has happened to this country because of his socialist politics.

Please read and understand that Obama is not who he pretends to be.

Subject: A Wolf In Sheep’s Clothing
    This election has me very worried. So many things to consider. About a year ago I would have voted for Obama. I have changed my mind three times since than. I watch all
    the news channels, jumping from one to another. I must say this drives my husband crazy. But, I feel if you view MSNBC, CNN, and Fox News, you might get some middle ground
    to work with. About six months ago, I started thinking ‘where did the money come from for Obama’. I have four daughters who went to College, and we were middle class, and money was tight. We (including my girls) worked
    hard and there were lots of student loans.

I started looking into Obama’s life.

Around 1979 Obama started college at Occidental in California . He is very open about his two years at Occidental, he tried all kinds of drugs and was wasting his time but, even though he had a brilliant mind, did not apply
    himself to his studies. ‘Barry’ (that was the name
    he used all his life) during this time had two roommates, Muhammad Hasan Chandoo and Wahid Hamid, both from Pakistan .
    During the summer of 1981, after his second year in college, he made a ’round the world’ trip. Stopping to see his mother in Indonesia , next Hyderabad in India , three weeks in Karachi, Pakistan where he stayed with his
    roommate’s family, then off to Africa to visit his
    father’s family. My question – Where did he get the money for this trip? Nether I, nor any one of my children would have had money for a trip like this when they where in college. When he came back he started school at Columbia
    University in New York . It is at this time he wants everyone to call him Barack – not Barry. Do you know what the tuition is at Columbia ? It’s not cheap! to say the least. Where did he get money for tuition? Student Loans?
    Maybe. After Columbia , he went to Chicago to work as a Community Organizer for $12,000. a year. Why Chicago ? Why not New York ? He was already living in New York .

By ‘chance’ he met Antoin ‘Tony’ Rezko,
    born in Aleppo Syria , and a real estate developer in Chicago . Rezko has been convicted of fraud and bribery this year. Rezko, was named ‘Entrepreneur of the Decade’ by the Arab-American Business and Professional
    Association’. About two years later, Obama entered Harvard Law School . Do you have any idea what tuition is for Harvard Law School ? Where did he get the money for Law School ? More student loans? After Law school, he went
    back to Chicago . Rezko offered him a job, which he turned down. But, he did take a job with Davis, Miner, Barnhill & Galland. Guess what? They represented ‘Rezar’ which Rezko’s firm. Rezko was one of Obama’s first major financial contributors when he ran for office in
    Chicago . In 2003, Rezko threw an early fundraiser for Obama which Chicago Tribune reporter David Mendelland claims was instrumental in providing Obama with ‘seed
    money’ for his U.S. Senate race. In 2005, Obama purchased a new home in Kenwoood District of Chicago for $1.65 million (less than asking price). With ALL those Student Loans – Where did he get the money for the property?
    On the same day Rezko’s wife, Rita, purchased the adjoining empty lot for full price. The London Times reported that Nadhmi Auchi, an Iraqi-born Billionaire loaned Rezko $3.5 million three weeks before Obama’s new home
    was purchased. Obama met Nadhmi Auchi many times withRezko.

Now, we have Obama running for President. Valerie Jarrett, was Michele Obama’s boss. She is now Obama’s chief advisor and he does not make any major decisions without talking to her first. Where was Jarrett born? Ready for
    this? Shiraz , Iran ! Do we see a pattern here? Or am I going crazy?

On May 10, 2008 The Times reported, Robert Malley advisor to Obama was ‘sacked’ after the press found out he was having regular contacts with ‘Hamas’, which controls Gaza and is connected with Iran . This past week,
    buried in the back part of the papers, Iraqi newspapers reported that during Obama’s visit to Iraq, he asked their leaders to do nothing about the war until after he is elected, and he will ‘Take care of things’.

Oh, and by the way, remember the college roommates that where born in Pakistan ? They are in charge of all those ‘small’ Internet campaign contribution for Obama.
    Where is that money coming from? The poor and middle class in this country? Or could it be from the Middle East ?

And the final bit of news. On September 7, 2008, The Washington Times posted a verbal slip that was made on ‘This Week’ with George Stephanapoulos. Obama on talking about his religion said, ‘My Muslim faith’.
    When questioned, ‘he make a mistake’. Some mistake!

All of the above information I got on line. If you would like to check it – Wikipedia, encyclopedia, Barack Obama; Tony Rezko; Valerie Jarrett: Daily Times – Obama visited
    Pakistan in 1981; The Washington Times – September 7, 2008; The Times May 10, 2008.

Now the BIG question – If I found out all this information on my own, Why haven’t all of our ‘intelligent’ members of the press been reporting this?

A phrase that keeps ringing in my ear – ‘Beware of the enemy from within’!!

This was investigated and posted by a citizen that has seen through this fraud Obama and we only hope that millions of other proud Americans do the same before election day. After that, it may be too late to prevent the Socialist Republic of _______. Who really knows who Obama is?

• 8 Barista // Oct 22, 2008 at 4:40 pm

Alright now. I’m surprised she’s not using the money to shop for shoes in Russia, since I’m sure she can see the sales from across the water in Alaska.

• 9 jammer // Oct 22, 2008 at 7:06 pm

Ojo’s the only thing more outstanding then your stupidity is your paranoia. Have you been checked out lately? I suppose the FBI and
    Secret Service are all dupes of the left. I am sure these two agencies have well investigated Obama by now, AND if what you submit is true which it is not wouldn’t they have alerted us? They are after all supposed to protect us from all enemies foriegn or domestic. Yes you can go to Columbia and Harvard on student loans as many of my friends have. I went to college and graduate school on loans and a GI Bill. My two kids have utilized loans to get through college and graduate school. I have also traveled a lot of the world on the very cheap as have many of my students.
    Some of my friends have Muslim and Spanish names…, what does that make them or me? So until Obama gets caught with his hand in the cookie jar like your heroine Palin at least try to tell the truth

• 10 PABLO // Oct 22, 2008 at 10:26 pm

Well if the people of Alaska are willing to foot the bill, who cares. There a Republican state… How smart can the people of that state be anyway?

• 11 Mexitli // Oct 24, 2008 at 2:48 pm

Many politicians travel with their families at tax payer expense. Governors, senators, congresspersons all do it. This is why not one has addressed this issue, if it is an issue.

BTW. Barack Obama went to Hawaii to see grandma at the expense of his campaign.