Read the Nuñez criminal complaint in its entirety!

December 4th, 2008 · 48 Comments

SignonSanDiego.com has posted the criminal complaint against Esteban Nuñez and his friends. You can read it here. Facing 25 years to life for murder doesn’t sound like something that most children of parents who earn $150K per year probably envision. Today Esteban Nuñez and his three other co-defendants pleaded not guilty, and each has a bail set at $2 million.

People continue to be outraged by this violent act that killed Luis Santos, a 22 year old college student. If you want to hear some podcasts with interviews of Mr. Santos, the father of the victim, I suggest you listen to these here at the John and Ken show. I’m usually an NPR kind of girl, but John and Ken raise some good points about this case. Specifically, note how Nuñez got a $90,000 board of director job with Zenith National Insurance (a workers comp insurer) and joins a Republican lobbying group, Mercury. The arrest wasn’t made until after those jobs had been extended to Fabian Nuñez, while the crime had occurred two months ago. They also suggest that maybe there is a Mirthala Salinas curse, which is kind of amusing, since both Fabian Nuñez and Mayor Villaraigosa dated this woman and have faced and are currently dealing with family turmoil.

Ironically, former Assembly Speaker Fabian Nuñez sponsored a bill that created state Office of Gang and Youth Violence Policy. I wonder if he even read this bill or the research supporting it. I mean, how can you put your name on something as a legislator, without doing your homework about that very subject and maybe looking into your own life for any signs?

Another issue that John and Ken brought up on their show, which I agree with to a certain extent is this statement issued by State Senator Gloria Romero, “People are very empathetic, very concerned and reaching out to Fabian, saying ‘We grieve for you as a father going through this at this time.’ My hope is people will understand this is not a politician, this is not a political player, this is a father going through one of the most difficult issues to confront his family.” I hate to break it to you Senator Romero, but Fabian Nuñez is still a political player. He didn’t leave the assembly to go manufacture widgets or clean toilets. Grieving for colleagues in the capitol is fine, but Senator Romero could have said something expressing grief for the family who lost a son. Jailed or free, Fabian Nuñez and his wife Maria still have their child; the Santos family won’t see their son again.

Photo Credit: Mark Boster / Los Angeles Times 12/04/08, Maria, Teresa, and Fabian Nuñez with attorney Bradley Patton

Tags: Antonio Villaraigosa · CA State Senator Gloria Romero · Crime · Fabian Núñez · Maria Robles · Mirthala Salinas

• 1 Michaelr // Dec 4, 2008 at 10:33 pm

Well, now you can see how this is going to play out. Since the judge set bail, which I sure was prearranged before hand by Fabian Nunez’s dream team attorneys, Esteban “Tony Montana” Nunez is probably being processed out of the San Diego County jail at this very moment, and then he will fly back to Sacramento with his family where he will be confined to his room, sympathized with, and told his three compadres are not very nice boys. All this while his three “the Hazard Crew” compadres are stuck in jail waiting to be introduced to having their salads tossed in a mad rapture of jungle love with real reprobates. Betrayal is a terrible thing, even amongst friends all sharing the same tattoos. But that is what is being brewed by Fabian Nunez’s dream team. So we will see where loyalty weighs along Esteban “Tony Montana” Nunez’s moral compass. If he emulates his father in anyway, he will have already decided to betray his compadres.

• 2 reenee // Dec 5, 2008 at 12:07 am

Sadly, when Gloria Romero opened her mouth, she stuck her foot into it.
    This tragedy did not happen to Fabian; it didn’t even happen to Esteban. It happened to Luis Santos and his familia.

• 3 Michaelr // Dec 5, 2008 at 12:19 am

That was dead on Reenee.

Of course, Luis Santos will easily be forgotten in this whole incident soon enough. And Gloria Romero, Antonio Villaraigosa, and Fabian Nunez will continue feeding off the public’s trough and saying and doing stupid things. As for Esteban, I wonder how many cats he’s going to stab before his trial begins. Especially since that is muy macho.

• 4 TruthSquad // Dec 5, 2008 at 1:25 am

I’m sure someone on here can explain how the criminal system works to you. Note that these are ALLEGATIONS. He said/she said.

Today the prosecution said there was no gang related activity — so where’s the “irony” that Speaker Nunez introduced an anti-gang bill?

As for the arrests being made AFTER Nunez left the Assembly, that was a police decision made even though the younger Nunez had offered to voluntarily surrender.

• 5 webmaster // Dec 5, 2008 at 1:38 am

I think that the prosecution was saying that this crew or whatever you want to call it behaved like a “wannabe” gang.

I know how allegations work. You will probably find some justification for the underage drinking and knife wielding on the myspace photos though. The shock isn’t in the myspace itself, it is in the content.

TruthSquad, why do you think Former Speaker Nuñez did not have a more firm grip on his child and his activities? I know plenty of parents who monitor their children’s myspace and facebook accounts. It really isn’t rocket science.

I am convinced that the former speaker and his wife knew about this kind of behavior. See the pic of the family with Villaraigosa at the parents’ wedding.

• 6 cv // Dec 5, 2008 at 10:55 am

Who cares about the justice system, it will work its will. The boy is a lowlife scum.

• 7 cv // Dec 5, 2008 at 11:00 am

Murder and three assualt charges (GBH)

• 8 JM // Dec 5, 2008 at 11:27 am

Fabian (Fidel) Nunez has done more damage to the economy of California in the short time he’s been in office than anything. This is what’s called “karma”. The rot starts at the core. People like Fabian Nunez, Joe Baca, and Tony Villaraigosa (Or whatever his name is) forgot to ask for a brain when they took that road to see the wizard.

• 9 Gustavo Arellano // Dec 5, 2008 at 11:38 am

Fabian and his sons are morons, but even bigger morons are those who’ll use this tragedy as fodder for their anti-Mexican rants. Keep them up, Adriana–and anyone who’s offended by them, fight fire with truth.

• 10 webmaster // Dec 5, 2008 at 11:58 am

Very true Gustavo.

Overt racism shows how some will try to paint all Latinos/Hispanics, whatever you want to call us, with a broad brush.

I do think that we need to have an honest discussion of our failures and priorities as a community. That is what I’m hoping will occur here.

I also think that the powers that be (whether they are Villaraigosa, Gloria Romero, or even Fabian Nuñez) need to see how their reactions to tragedies like this have broader implications for all of us. We cannot continue to be perceived as so “clannish” that we cannot call out the crap when we see it. Other communities are capable of calling out their leadership when it fails (see Jesse Jackson or Kwame Kilpatrick for example).

• 11 XicanoPwr // Dec 5, 2008 at 12:13 pm

I wonder if TruthSquad is Fabian or one of his children or political foot soldiers.

Either this person has a close relationship with the Nuñez family or they chugged a lot of “Fabian can do no wrong” Kool-aid.

• 12 XicanoPwr // Dec 5, 2008 at 12:29 pm

Yo Gustavo, loved your response on the number of “illegals” living in the US.

Just bought your book, can’t wait till it arrives, vato.

• 13 cyg // Dec 5, 2008 at 12:43 pm

The mayor makes me sick regarding his comments about Esteban being a “good boy”. How can he just let comments like that fly out of his mouth without giving any thought to the seriousness of the situation? He could have easily said he didn’t know the details and the truth would be found out in court and left it at that. But a “Good boy”? Hardly. Then again he cheated on his wife and I’m sure he has much lower standards as to what is truly “good”. I really hope that his corruption does not prevent justice for the Santos family.

Gloria Romero, what can I say? They all are connected and corrupt. Not a single comment of compassion for the loss experienced by the Santos family. Fabian Nunez could have easily made a statement of his sadness for the loss experienced by the victim’s family without admitting guilt. I’m sure it doesn’t make you guilty to say “I’m sorry for your loss.” How cowardly on all of these people’s parts to not want to make any comment in regards to the loss of life here.

The pictures were disturbing to say the least. Especially offensive by the animal cruelty photos. This is usually how it starts out for people who are sick and then they can only take it further. This shows lack of respect for the sanctity of life. Drinking under age and drugs? This is the child of an elected official? What is going on here?

No matter what your race is or the nature of your job, if your child was involved in something this tragic, you should at the very least express concern for the victim’s family and show some decency. The problem with many American’s today is no one has any genuine concern for others. We live in a me-first society. You would think elected officials would set an example of how we SHOULD act and raise their kids to set the same example. Yet what we have is what we see here, cowards…raising more cowards.

• 14 Sandogg // Dec 5, 2008 at 3:24 pm

Let’s face it, Fabian Nuñez was not this kid’s dad, he was probably more like a buddy he hung out with when he wasn’t busy screwing around with Mirthala Salinas, touring Europe going on shopping sprees and orchestrating schemes to run the California economy into the toilet.

Esteban’s MySpace page is no different than thousands of others. Since when did flipping the middle finger become a requisite pose for kids of this generation?

Plenty of kids from good families underage drink and experiment with pot, I’m guilty of that, but beating up on people for fun? What the hell is that?

• 15 The Editor WatchOurCity.com // Dec 6, 2008 at 9:32 am

As the editor at WatchOurCity.com, I have reported on Fabian’s alliance with very corrupt local politicos in the Assembly district he represented. Fabian represented Maywood and Huntington Park.

Indeed, Karma is a bitch. Gustavo Arellano and I exchanged some email once that I posted, where he and I were arguing over which city was most corrupt, Huntington Park or Santa Ana.

Fabian came down to Huntington Park to actively endorse and campaign for local councilmembers who have been convicted of felonies. Most remarkably, Fabian endorsed the less qualified high school grads for local council seats over the Stanford grads.

Fabian’s legacy in rogue and very corrupt southeast cities is something that will be on his conscience for a very long time, just like his son’s involvement in gangs a murder.

Like father, like son.

The Editor,

WatchOurCity.com

• 16 Anna // Dec 6, 2008 at 10:46 am

The comments here are stupid. Whatever his son has done, Fabian Nunez did a good job as Speaker of the Assembly. He didn’t ruin the economy and he isn’t corrupt, or whatever inane comments are being made here. And as I said before, Nunez is no longer an elected offical. He’s in the private sector.

I wish as much scrutiny were given to Arnold and his corporate ties. How about his relationship to Goldman Sachs. How much is Goldman Sachs making off of California’s growing debt?

As for the son, I think the problem is that people have children too young. Nobody should have children until over the age of thirty, after getting an education and saving money. Furthermore, part of that education should be classes in psychology and child development. In other words, families need to be planned.

Nunez and his wife didn’t instill in their son a culture of education and achievement. My guess is that when the boy was young the Nunezes were still working and getting an education, and by the time the family was settled and successful, the son was already immersed in some loser subculture.

To the webmaster: Latinos are not one undifferentiated mass. We’re individuals just like everybody else.

• 17 Jesus (Hay-soos) // Dec 6, 2008 at 11:14 am

Anna,

I will only address your last lines of comment directed to the webmaster Adriana.

“Latinos are not one undifferentiated mass”

EXACTLY!

People should be careful what they hope for when they say they would like to see more Latinos in the Obama administration. I think the next generation can do without the likes people with the moral fiber of an Alberto Gonzalez et al.

That being said, I would like to see more Latinos with a true sense of identity where they haven’t forgotten nor forsaken their roots in positions of influence.

Corruption respects no racial boundaries. My vote of most corrupt city goes to Santa Ana. Yes, it is an all Latino City Council. Sad indeed!

• 18 webmaster // Dec 6, 2008 at 11:58 am

“Latinos are not one undifferentiated mass.”

I agree with Anna and Jesus! We are not monolithic by any means. We have different ethnicities, competing goals, etc. Seneca has also pointed this out as experienced in Washington, D.C.

Anna, I agree with you that we should instill in our young people a culture of education, intellectual discovery, and achievement. And you are right in that people should probably hold off on having families so young.

The thing that is troublesome is that few of our leaders are actively inspiring excellence, and when you look at their actions, it becomes more troubling. Sure, there are some foot soldiers who have not forsaken their roots, but I have optimism that we will make meaningful gains.

And Jesus is correct, corruption doesn’t discriminate.

• 19 Anna // Dec 6, 2008 at 12:11 pm

Re: “I think the next generation can do without the likes people with the moral fiber of an Alberto Gonzalez et al.”

Alberto Gonzalez’s behavior had nothing to do with his being Latino. He’s an individual who is responsible for his own behavior. And no, I don’t have to “be careful” wanting more Latinos in Obama’s Administration. That’s racist.

Should I worry about the white men in the administration too? After all, look at Ted Stevens and Dubya. That’s the mentality around here.

And you throw the word corruption around without any evidence. If anybody with a Spanish surname says or does something you disagree with you call it corruption. Gloria Romero makes a comment you don’t like and that must mean she’s corrupt. It’s ridiculous. Do you even know what that word means? Sigh…

And there’s nothing wrong with the Santa Ana City Council.

• 20 Anna // Dec 6, 2008 at 12:14 pm

Re: “Sure, there are some foot soldiers who have not forsaken their roots…”

I don’t know what you mean by that.

• 21 Disgusted With Los Angeles // Dec 6, 2008 at 2:11 pm

Anna,

I love how you make excuses for Fabian and his wife about the upbringing of his son. If only Fabian was older before becoming a dad…if only Fabian had taken psychology classes…if only Fabian and his wife hadn’t been working so hard they could have been at home to bring up their son better. What nonsense!

I grew up in one of the worst neighborhoods in Los Angeles with my three other siblings. I grew up without a father present. My mother worked two jobs to support us. NONE of us became involved in gangs, underage drinking, or torturing of animals.

Fabian is a blowhard that is an irresponsible parent and a worse public servant. I’m glad he’s out of office, but I have a sneaking suspicion that he will try to worm his way back in again to cause more destruction to the state of California.

I know MANY, MANY upstanding and responsible Latinos who are truly A+ citizens. Fabian Nunez is not one, so please don’t try to paint him out to be one by making feeble excuses for his lack of parenting skills.

(And get a clue about Santa Ana. Probably the worst run cities in Los Angeles county.)

• 22 Democrats for Deportation // Dec 6, 2008 at 2:45 pm

And just how much money has been given to Maria Nunez from The Gas Co., The Edison Co.,etc for just sitting on Boards where these companies needed to get their legislation passed? Try about $150K apiece annually. The Fabian Nunez Crime Family indeed!!!

• 23 Bio Hazard // Dec 6, 2008 at 5:48 pm

As the true hazard, I’m offended, ney damaged by the reckless use of my symbol by a crew of little boy fauntleroy’s + one little girl. If they knew the damage a real hazard causes they would not take on my sign in ink of the bio hazard. They should use something more appropriate, a taco or tamale – yes with a mild yellow sauce…..

• 24 webmaster // Dec 6, 2008 at 8:22 pm

“Gloria Romero makes a comment you don’t like and that must mean she’s corrupt. It’s ridiculous. Do you even know what that word means? Sigh…”

Anna, where did I say that Gloria Romero is corrupt? To some extent, all politicians are compromised. I was bothered by her statement in that she did not express any sympathy for the family of the deceased young man.

If you read through the archives on Gloria Romero, I have praised her in the past. Gloria Romero has been a strong advocate for open government, a friend of higher education, and has been involved in the fight for better working conditions for farm workers. She is solid on many issues, but that doesn’t mean that she doesn’t make mistakes.

• 25 Michaelr // Dec 6, 2008 at 8:28 pm

Disgusted With Los Angeles: I share all your same thoughts, especially your dialogue with Anna, who as you will soon find out flip flops all over the place with her opinions, and believes constructive criticism of public officials, especially Latino public officials is a betrayal to La Raza. However, I just wanted to point out that the City of Santa Ana is the county seat in Orange County. And you are right it is one of the worst run cities in Southern California.

• 26 Bob Van Nuys // Dec 6, 2008 at 8:55 pm

Mayor Tony’s statement about Nunez Jr, “He was good boy,” is very typical.

About 10 years ago four wannabe cholos followed my neighbor home late one night. One of the wannabes pointed a gun at my neighbor when he opened his car door. The punk wanted my neighbor’s wallet. What the punk didn’t know was that my neighbor was a deputy Sheriff. Instead of a wallet the punk got three rounds in his chest. He dropped dead.

A few days later the dead dude’s madre was quoted in the Daily News: “He was a good boy.”

• 27 Anna // Dec 7, 2008 at 10:34 am

Re: “and believes constructive criticism of public officials, especially Latino public officials is a betrayal to La Raza.”

What total nonsense. I have nothing against constructive criticism. There is none of that here.

• 28 Disgusted // Dec 7, 2008 at 2:46 pm

Oh My Goodness, Anna! What world are you in? YOU criticize as well (and A LOT, obviously)–and it does not look like all you say is “constructive” either.

• 29 Not Surprised // Dec 7, 2008 at 2:48 pm

“What total nonsense.”

HA!!

• 30 Disappointed & Horrified // Dec 7, 2008 at 3:13 pm

Bill said: I think I have to agree with Anna that these pictures are only hurtful. When I see these pictures I feel hate and anger. Both of these emotions can blur our perspective and prevent us from feeling more positive emotions, obviously not towards the accuse but to the families of the victims. Answer me this:When you saw the pictures did you feel more empathy or sympathy towards the family of the victims or did it make you hate Nunez even more?

Bill, take your head out of whoever’s butt it is in.

I DEFINATELY felt more empathy AND sympathy towards the family and friends of the victims—and the victims themselves (especially after seeing the pictures). This is a lousy way to die or be injured from—and by people that carry themselves the way they do in those pictures). It is disgusting. They are disgusting and sad members of the human race. What respectable, value-filled person would want that for himself/herself and people they care about? Of course those pictures better help one realize what type of people these kids (the perpetrators) are and definitely help me to dislike and be disgusted of Nunez and his friends (“the Hazard Crew”) even more—not just for what they did, but also for how they carry themselves and how they proudly represent themselves to the world. Why don’t YOU “answer me this:” Would YOU be proud of being in any of those pictures? Would anyone you know or care about be? Just because YOU may be blurred from feeling more positive emotions towards the families of the victim because you “feel hate and anger” when looking at these pictures, you should not assume that others are affected the same way. If people felt the same as you do, then they probably feel so strongly about disliking and punishing these ungrateful, selfish, violent, and lacking-good-values hooligans because they do not want this kind of thing in their world and in their lives, or for something like this to happen to people they care about, AND because they DO feel for the victims’ families.

So Bill, just because people feel this way, it does NOT mean that pictures that speak so loudly would “blur [their] perspective and prevent [them] from feeling more positive emotions… towards… the families of the victims. Why don’t you pose more important questions to Nunez’s family and supporters? Like: Is your “good boy” son, who participated on beating people and killing someone and animals, more important to you than the things he has done? And: Do you feel any regrets or any sympathy for the victims and their families, esp. the family of the deceased young man?

• 31 Karma // Dec 8, 2008 at 11:35 am

Children mimic their parents. For years the mainstream press has hidden some very disturbing stories about Fabian Nunez and Antonio Villar. Both have extensive criminal records – violent criminal records.

Fabian arrested for assault with intent to cause great bodily injury:

Fabian arrested for brandishing a sawed off shotgun.

Villar arrested for stabbing a person at La Fonda with a box cutter. According to court records a box cutter was found at the scene.

June from the Venice room accuses Villar of cutting her with a box cutter in the attempted rape. She still has the scar.

Both these thugs got away with it or just got a slap on the wrist. No wonder Esteban Nunez thinks his dad can get him off on a self defense charge.

Karma is a motherfucker – just ask OJ.

• 32 SGS // Dec 8, 2008 at 4:45 pm

What a disgusting display of human behavior from a young Latino man. I don’t care if he is Latino, Black, White, etc. it is a sad display of behavior period! I hope all of the men involved in this killing will get imprisoned for a very long time and I hope that just because he is the son of a politician does not get him off scott free.

• 33 Annette Franklin // Dec 8, 2008 at 8:53 pm

Remember Luis Santos – The following was written by Luis’ third grade teacher — “wonderful as a little boy and I’m sure he grew into a very good man. I still smile when I remember his enthusiasm at school and the way his eyebrows would go up when he had a thought and his hand would wave in the air. The world lost the dearest of souls.”

• 34 Annette Franklin // Dec 8, 2008 at 9:00 pm

The following is repeated here for the sake of reminding people that someone who was well loved by his family and friends was needlessly taken from this Earth. Remember Luis Santos.

“He was very funny and very charismatic,” Fred Santos said. “He related well with people “… from a 3-year-old to a 90-year-old.”

Luis Santos was also remembered as an able cook and avid East Bay sports fan, following the Raiders and Warriors, but also, inexplicably his father said, the San Francisco Giants. His son’s baseball fandom knew no bounds, including economic ones.

“He loved to go to ball games, but didn’t always have the money for a ticket,” Fred Santos said with a laugh. “So he would peek into the (ballpark) from the cheapskate section,” the walkway behind the right-field wall at AT&T Park.

It was one of many quirks that his family — including mother, Kathy, and sister, Brigida — will remember.

“There are so many stories, he had so many interests,” he said. “We all miss him very much.”

• 35 TruthSquad // Dec 8, 2008 at 11:09 pm

oh — so pictures on myspace make someone guilty of a crime? and because a 19-year old makes a bad decision one night it’s the sign of lousy parents? what planet do you live on? I know lots of kids who turn out to be losers despite the best parents and vice versa. Enough with the attacks on a family suffering the worst kind of pain. Shameful.

• 36 Disgusted In Los Angeles // Dec 9, 2008 at 12:33 am

TruthSquad,

I don’t think a bad decision was made ONE night. Looking at the pictures (which aren’t proof of anything according to you), I’d say that the choices that Esteban made were becoming worse and worse–from the underage drinking to the kniving of animals (whether pretend or not) to the friends he chose to hang around with (one of which has two felony charges.)

Don’t you think Fabian Nunez should be held a little bit accountable since he sought to pass legislature which was designed to curtail the criminal activites of gangs? (Why should he even be writing legislature about gangs if he’s blind to the activites which are going on in his very house?)

Finally, the Nunez family is NOT suffering the worst kind of pain. That unfortunate heartbreak goes to the Santos family who can never share another moment with their dead son. It’s a shame that you can’t see that.

• 37 webmaster // Dec 9, 2008 at 6:27 am

TruthSquad: “oh — so pictures on myspace make someone guilty of a crime?”

No, the pictures don’t make someone guilty, but they reveal things about the person’s character. Why would someone even want to display pictures of themselves with knives, alcohol, etc., especially someone who has a very public family member? What does that say about their priorities and values?

TruthSquad, you seem to be more concerned about the alleged criminals’ family than you do the family of the victim. Disgusted in Los Angeles is correct, and I have said it before Fabian Nuñez and his wife still have their child while the Santos family doesn’t. Now tell me, which family is suffering the worst kind of pain?

Fabian Nuñez has access to resources most parents only dream about — money, influence, travel, and could afford private school for his son. It is tragic that he could not guide his son to a more productive future, but look at all of the parents who accomplish more with less.

Former First Lady Jackie Kennedy once said this, “If you bungle raising your children, I don’t think whatever else you do matters very much.” And I would have to agree with her.

• 38 Former friend // Dec 9, 2008 at 9:57 pm

I went to grade school and high school with Esteban and was once one of his best friends. It’s sad to see him turn out like this because he used to be such a nice guy. But I mean, where were his parents through these past four years when he started wanting to be so tough? It’s sad for me to say that I’m not surprised about what’s happened given the people he’s been hanging out around. I don’t know whether or not he was responsible for this innocent guy’s death but I do know that this could have been easily avoided if he just stuck to the values that he once had. But, man, where were his parents? It’s not like they could have seen anything good happening from this rapid and unusual transformation of character and demeanor.

• 39 LA Latino // Dec 10, 2008 at 10:29 am

It’s amazing to see how many posters here are actually defending this thug’s behaviour.

It is because of people like you that we Latinos get such a bad rap.

• 40 DDay // Dec 11, 2008 at 10:48 am

I went to high school with Esteban. He was always nice to me, but he had one hell of a temper. He had no problem calling this girl a “crazy bitch” out loud in the middle of class. I think he definitely went out of his way to make himself seem like a bad ass. I see right through people, and he was no different. I am sadden at the fact that this all happened for nothing. Knowing Esteban’s situation, (money and power), its either he’ll get no time, or harsher time. Either way it is never justified.

• 41 castano // Dec 14, 2008 at 10:41 am

I went to high school with esteban and I have always thought “the hazard crew” was a lame attempt at being hard, especially in a dominantly rich white people school. I just can’t believe they let all that gangster bullsh%t go to their heads. Why can’t people just sit down, fire up the peace pipe and talk stuff out? I guess they were too hard for intelligent conversation. It makes me sad to see a fellow mexican-american who had an opportunity to do anything with his life throw it away to be a thug.

• 42 Friend of Lu // Dec 18, 2008 at 7:36 am

I am a friend of Lu. REMEMBER? The victim! The one who bled out on the street in his best friends arms, while waiting for the ambulance and police to arrive. I was also good friends with one of the other guys that got injured. It’s hard seeing all of this happen and especially since the political status of Daddy gets dragged in something it shouldn’t. In my opinion, who cares about who Fabian Nunez is. He was not the one who killed Lu. However, he did “raise” a son who supposedly did murder Lu. I do not know for sure if Esteban Nunez, Rafael Garcia, Ryan Jett and Leshanor Thomas killed Lu because I was not personally there. I should have been though. But all of the evidence so far points to them as the murderers. I really hope that justice is served and not frowned upon because of the political status of “Daddy Nunez”. There is NOTHING anyone can do to bring back Lu. He is probably getting annoyed that so many people are emotional over his death and he would want his family/friends to celebrate the life he had when he was here. It’s crazy how one day we are talking about hanging out the next day but instead you end up getting a call early in the morning saying that Lu got stabbed and died.

May you rest in peace babe. You are missed and loved!!!

• 43 DfD // Dec 22, 2008 at 4:36 pm

Fabian and Maria Nunez are lousy parents and are corrupt to their core!!!!

• 44 KEEPITREAL // Nov 2, 2009 at 2:39 pm

You know Mr. Writer, the problem isn’t posting incriminating pictures on the internet.. It’s the criminal conduct of the individual that plays a bigger role in this whole situation.

This isn’t some Hollywood game this is REAL LIFE. The murder – THE KID who took a life knows nothing outside his family provided lifestyle of pretending to be a gangster. PUT HIM AWAY, let him get a job, a normal life in prison and let him learn what life is the hard way!!

• 45 cynthia k // Jan 7, 2011 at 12:02 am

I say that a picture speaks a thousand words. Let them have these pictures up that expose them for what they are. Low class, stupid, nasty criminals. Half of them made it to jail and i would gladly pay for the other half to go now. the parents are no better. Maybe worse cause they know their children are low class, stupid, nasty criminals and they do nothing will this nasty girl (for example) is throwing up gang signs in a family picture. Nasty.

• 46 cynthia k // Jan 7, 2011 at 12:11 am

@anna, clearly many people on the site take issue with you because you are making things into things they are not. Stop getting caught up in color and start getting caught up in right from wrong. Ya ya ya, all of our parents are from soemwhere else. duh. All have been discriminated against. No one group corners the market. Get over it. I would not even look for a blog based on my bloodline background. i just found this one from a picture that i clicked on.

• 47 EsteAdvocate! // Mar 22, 2011 at 8:34 pm

First off I want to say how stupid everyone is on this blog for believing everything you’ve heard and seen in the media. The media has portrayed esteban as a criminal murder and it’s hilarious because WERE YOU THERE? WERE YOU AT THE SCENE? DID YOU SEE WHAT HAPPENED? Absolutly not! so how can everyone sit here and bash him. PEOPLE,PEOPLE..you can’t belive anything and everything you hear and see in the media.

Another thing stupid PARENTS that are bashing this family for neglecting their son like are you kidding me? half of the things we do as teens our parents don’t know. And parents if you think your kids are being honest with you think again. You aren’t the parent of the year so settle down. I’m sure there has been some things that you as parents havent caught? so why are you hating??

STOP hating on this family. Know facts before you start leaving stupid comments like you all have.

thanks!

• 48 unclesmrgol // May 17, 2011 at 9:39 pm

EsteAdvocate! What we do know is that the Sperminator let him off free after serving only a fraction of his sentence. Esteban Nunez was part of a gang of four knife-wielders who stabbed several people — Esteban himself personally stabbed one person. While he didn’t personally stab the man who died, he pled guilty to manslaughter and was sentenced to 16 years. If this were my son, he’d still be in there, but this isn’t — this is Fabio Nunez’ son, and Fabio happens to be on good terms with the Sperminator. The facts are that for nearly everyone else, you do the crime, you do the time. And, when people conspire to harm others, the punishment for a death should fall equally on all of them. That’s my feeling, and nothing will change it.