Yet Another Reason to Turn Off the TV: Sarah Palin

January 11th, 2010 · 8 Comments

I do believe that the television, at least major network and cable television, has become so terrible in quality that it isn’t worth turning on except to possibly watch a DVD or PBS. I know that some in this Great Recession have opted to cancel their cable and don’t seem to be missing out on anything for doing so. But today, learning that former Alaska Governor Sarah Palin has inked a deal with Fox (er Faux) News has pretty much confirmed why I don’t watch TV.

The Miami Herald reports:

“Palin is expected to provide political commentary and analysis for a number of Fox properties, including Fox News Channel, Fox Business Network, FoxNews.com and special event political programming for Fox Broadcasting.”

This is a woman who struggled giving answers to basic questions about her candidacy on the McCain-Palin ticket and then went back to her home state to quit her elected position in the middle of her term. I’m quite confident that there are more articulate and informed voices to fill the void, even at a place like Fox News. However, until we start to expect more from these media types collectively and from our society at large, I think that we will be stuck with the Sarah Palins of the world adding to the political discourse.

Tags: Media · Sarah Palin

• 1 Reyfeo // Jan 11, 2010 at 7:20 pm

Is Chris Mattews, NBC/CNBC or fhe other morons on the same list as Sara P? I mean really, give us a break…if you don’t like her just say so…can the left please let Sara Palin be…she’s been kicked around enough by turds like you!

• 2 Xavier Cardenas // Jan 11, 2010 at 9:26 pm

Are you kidding with this BS. All the problems we have and Sarah Palin is on your mind. Jesus Christo you really do go for the low hanging fruit.

• 3 webmaster // Jan 12, 2010 at 8:52 am

“Is Chris Mattews, NBC/CNBC or fhe other morons on the same list as Sara P?”

Sure, turn it all off, but last time I listened Chris Matthews did articulate himself better than Sarah Palin.

“Jesus Christo you really do go for the low hanging fruit.”

This was a gut reaction that I had, but propaganda, whether spewed by Sarah Palin or some other media wannabe, does shape public perception. In your mind this may be low hanging fruit, but look at Reyfeo and his continual defending of her, while calling me a “turd.” Real classy!

• 4 Reyfeo // Jan 12, 2010 at 2:03 pm

Thats becuase we’re tired of hearing about this crap…and it simply gets Liberals to chastize conservatives like me with my “visceral” reaction …A TOTAL DISTRACTION FROM WHATS REALLY OUT THERE!! (Like NObama sinking this country with his excessive spending, Latinos not favoring Ried in the upcoming elections, Latinos slowly leaving the Demopractic ranks becuase of Gay Marrieg and the Health Care Bill having Abortion funding in it, etc…lets Talk about that Webby!! I Could care less about SARA!!!) Ok, my melt down is over, Thank You!

• 5 jammer // Jan 13, 2010 at 3:57 pm

reyfeo, just about the time I am convinced you could not be more stupid, you surprise me with a new low. Do you even think before you spout off? Then again your world must be so simple divided into 2 camps; Liberals who are to be hated and conservatives who are gods children and always right.

• 6 Reyfeo // Jan 13, 2010 at 11:38 pm

So what’s your point…idiots like you spout nothing…my opinion, “Jammer”, in this blog is that we need to focus on worth while topics…I understand that Sara Palin tickles your fancy and so you’d rather be talking about this non-player (and by most Liberal accounts, a stupid conservative) then converse about what is really important to Latinos…really, who gives crap about this lady. Lets move on to some topics that Latinos care about like how, we need to vote idiot POTUS out before he bankrupts us all…NOW, besiade your usual stupid antics about stupid conservatives like me, what is your input to this conversation…really, do you even have one mr Elite-ness or is your only purpose in bloggin is to put others down??

• 7 Bearguez // Jan 14, 2010 at 11:36 am

Man…isn’t that the truth. Some people just can’t help it. Talk about being a real classy turd.

• 8 WhatThe.. // Jan 15, 2010 at 12:18 pm

The attraction to Sarah Palin is the same koo-laid mix people were drinking when they were attracted to ONada. Its like watching a Lamborghini from a distance going down the road, then you notice there is no one in the drivers seat…