Rep. Jaime Herrera Beutler Delivers GOP Weekly Address

March 19th, 2011 · 6 Comments

I’ll have more commentary about this later, but in case y’all didn’t catch it, here is Rep. Jaime Herrera Beutler’s (R-WA) Republican response to the President’s Weekly message. It’s basically the usual Republican talking points about reigning in spending (without any mention of the costly wars and military interventions that hog up so much of the national budget).

Congresswoman Herrera Beutler also does do this weird furrowing of her brows when talking about spending. I guess that’s for dramatic effect. One thing to note, she talks a lot about small business and the private sector, but according to her Wikipedia page, it looks like she has pretty much been a government employee throughout her career:

Tags: GOP · Rep. Jaime Herrera Beutler · Republican Party

• 1 Chicano future tense // Mar 19, 2011 at 2:17 pm

Rep. Jaime Herrera Beutler?…Yawn …what do you know..a Latino GOP weasellette..! whoopie doo!
    IMHO,Vendida hasta la…..
    “Mrs Beutler”..Aburrida!

I mean come on now,a Latino GOP’er?
    ..there has to be something wrong with such people..maybe some type of character defect or something… some genetic anomaly?
    Let’s call it the “si senor, si patron” gene!

Not to let Democrat Latinos off the hook.. their problem is that they are the perpetual pendejos of the Democratic party.
    They never learn..they get their butts kicked and keep coming back begging for more!
    ..ya gotta love these masochistas!

I hate Obama but at least he’s entertaining like a clown from hell…

• 2 irma // Mar 19, 2011 at 3:15 pm

Is it just me or is the fact that we dont have a national budget yet , not important anymore?

Folks, we are almost in April and the country has no national budget. The Obama administration have failed miserably in working out a deal with
    the Republicans. Economically, the repercussions of having no budget are down right scary. From a personal standpoint, my job depends on government funds that for now cannot be authorized. I use government funds to pay myself and to pay my staff. There are hundreds of thousands of people like me in the US and yet Barak Obama finds money to fly planes over Libya and up to this moment cant put together a budget for the United States. The man
    is an idiot and Congress is no better.

• 3 IE // Mar 19, 2011 at 3:21 pm

Well, she at least looks good in front of the camera.

I wonder when we will see politicians tell us what they actually think instead of just being puppets to their parties…

• 4 Anna // Mar 19, 2011 at 5:10 pm

Irma, he has no time to waste on the budget. He’s in Brazil!

• 5 micah // Mar 30, 2011 at 7:55 pm

Oh god, this woman is my congresswoman /facepalm!

• 6 Dan // Apr 9, 2012 at 7:42 pm

Rep. Beutler is awesome. She meets a lot of good qualities that Mitt Romney would love: Latino woman, tea-partier, and not outspoken. Perfect VP choice & no controversial record to attack.