This post is sponsored by Dove® ClearTone™ Deodorant – designed to visibly reduce underarm dark marks and even skin tone.
It’s that time of the year again when it’s warm enough to show off those arms. But many women refrain from doing this because they have dark marks under their arms or they aren’t confident enough with the tone of their arms. But there are some steps you can take to get those arms in shape.
The first thing that I would recommend is to increase your exercise and incorporate some upper body strength exercises. This will help tone up your muscles and tighten up your skin.
But beyond exercise, you can do a few things to help improve the way your arms look. If you have dark underarms, you might consider taking some steps to minimize that:
1. Sometimes shaving that area will make it appear darker because it only cuts the surface hairs leaving the darker hairs right below the skin. If you can afford it, consider having laser hair removal for your underarms.
2. If you can’t afford the laser hair removal, consider waxing to get rid of hairs right below the surface.
3. If you can’t do the laser hair removal or waxing and still have the dark marks (and you may still have the dark marks even if you do try items 1 and 2), give Dove’s ClearTone deodorant a try. It has ingredients that help reduce dark marks and improve the tone of your underarms.
4. You could have a build up of dead skin cells on your underarms causing the dark marks. If that’s the case, consider using an exfoliating skin wash or a bristled body brush to scrub away the dead skin.
5. Finally after showering and applying deodorant, use a great moisturizer. Dove has some nice options.
If you still have dark marks after trying the listed options, consider visiting a dermatologist. You might have some sort of hyper-pigmentation problem and need a prescription strength solution.
I was compensated for this post by the Clever Girls Collective.com. All the opinions expressed here are my own.